Sunday, February 3, 2008

STAR Spelled Backwards is RATS


RICHARD JOHNSON - PAGE SIX - February 3, 2008 -- DEBONAIR dandy Patrick McDonald is a killer. The clotheshorse told his friend, "Bombshell Manual" author Laren Stover, about his preparations for Fashion Week. "I was thinking about my various outfits which can take weeks to plan, and pulled out a Paul Smith boot when I saw a mouse jump out of it . . . I was so startled, I threw my boot in his direction - and I hit him," McDonald sadly marveled. "I didn't even try! I failed gym! The poor thing was just lying there. I anguished over what to do and finally scooped him up and swaddled him in a crimson cashmere scarf and ran into the hallway in my caftan and threw the bundle down the chute." "What about the boot?" Stover asked. "Beau Brummell washed his with Champagne, but I sprayed mine with YSL Rive Gauche and gave it a good polish," McDonald said. "I hope the mouse was just stunned. Maybe he'll come to and have a beautiful life in my basement. In hindsight, those weren't the right boots for hunting. They were really made for the front row."