Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Vladimir Restoin-Roitfeld

Vladimir Restoin-Roitfeld the 24-year-old son of French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld will curate another art show during fashion week. "I want to work with people of my generation so I keep on looking for talent, whether it’s in photography or any type of art and see where it might go. Every time it’s a big project to work on and I just started in this business, but I’m just trying to enjoy it." During the upcoming Fashion Week, Mr. Restoin-Roitfeld will host an exhibition along with Andy Valmorbida of works by Richard Hambleton, best known for his shadow paintings from the ’80s, in collaboration with Giorgio Armani on Sept. 15. His mother told the Daily Transom at her son's show in February: "I don't know if he will do more shows or film, but when you try to produce things, it's a hard hard job, and I'm very proud of him. I'll be very happy if he becomes successful." -Irina Aleksander, The New York Observer