Sunday, October 28, 2007

Isaac Mizrahi Does More Than Just Target.

So I'm out of the loop. Isaac Mizrahi does more than just Target! Ok, maybe I knew that, but it just never clicked. Yes, his Target line offers his style and design at affordable prices that I have grown accustomed to, but he really does have amazing "regular" things!

Take a look at this little diddy from his Fall '07 collection. Love. It. It looks almost springish to me, but I'm willing to look past that. The flowers add such a neat addition to what would be just a regular old' diamond white silky taffeta (looks to me) dress. The bottom right flower looks realistic and as you go up and to the left the flowers become more graphic and animated. The coloring even looks like colored pencils.

My only BIG peeve about this dress is the funky looking fur under-lining thing. It does nothing for the dress. But I guess Isaac had a thing for fur this time around, seeing as most of his other pieces had random fur trims or additions.

With out fur, 10, with, eh 7?

What I love about Isaac's stuff is that you can totally rock it somewhere. It's wearable. It's not crazy, tree branches and birds nest hair. It's classic and not as trendy as his Target line. I can't wait to see what he has for further lines.

-Angie