Sunday, November 25, 2007

South African Designer Gavin Rajah

"His work is fluid, ultra feminine and most of all has dramatic silhouette. Gavin uses draping extensively in his work and favours bias cut garments with interesting lines.

His work is unashamedly opulent and he remains enamoured with luxurious fabrics and finishes. The Rajah woman is not a wallflower but a confident and assertive woman who exudes her femininity with astute grace. Most of all she loves to exceed expectation.."

For this season Rajah was using mostly black, white, browns, and greens.



I really love this black and white number. I don't usually like things that are asymetrical but I think he pulls this off very well.



This I just thought was a very slinky, sexy number. :-)



I really liked the cut of this dress and details and the sleeves, but I'm not crazy about this particular shade of green.



I LOVED this dress. Everything about it, the black and white with the veritcal stripes going down the bodice, and the cute green ribbon accenting the empire waist. And even the mermaid/ bell shaped bottom of the dress. Love it!



I really liked the whimsical feel to this dress and the sheerness in some parts. This shade of green I also like much better then the other green dress.



I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but those are actually white feathers near her face and she even has on some sort of headdress. I think it's really a beautiful gown and I think the feathers are a neat idea.



Sexy business look. I love how the brown belt is like wrapped around her waist several times.